Another year us upon us already. Already?!
Is anyone doing anything crazy tonight? Sean and I were invited to a few parties, but we’ll probably be spending a low-key night at his house because he has to work in the morning. Ah well. I don’t think we could ever beat NYE 2010 in Munich, Germany.
Fondue party, a Champagne bottle the length of a baseball bat, fireworks, dancing till the early hours of the morning…
Today is shaping up to be awesome in a much quieter way. I’m in Illinois again, as my multi-day visits have turned into quite a habit. After joining Sean for oatmeal before he left for work this morning, I spend a glorious two hours at the nearby gym. It felt great to be able to spend as much time there as I wanted. On the agenda today was a 5 mile run, 10 minutes of incline treadmill lunges, and a challenging leg/triceps workout from Bodybuilding.com that involves 100 reps of different exercises. Ouch! Check it out here!
Now I’m relaxing and watching the snow.
I’m also snacking on a rice cake with peanut butter (probably my favorite snack ever) and finishing up reading The Paris Wife on my Kindle. It’s really good, but definitely not a happy, feel-good book.
When Sean, gets home, we’re going to see Les Miserables! And it’s about time, too. It’s been out almost a whole week and I can’t believe I haven’t seen it yet. I’ve watched it onstage over a dozen times, own every soundtrack since the first London recording in 1985, and I know every.single.word. It’s already been decided that I’m going to cry the whole time.
As fun as it would be to go to a party tonight, it’s going to be nice to do a little relaxing. My life has been El Monstero all the way for the last few weeks.
Every night of the show I came home looking like this:
That’s after brushing off the excess glitter. It’s still in my hair today!
I tried taking some backstage pictures…
But nothing beats the pros.
It was an unbelievable experience. I met so many people (including the mayor of STL!) and it was good to see the band and the other cast and crew whom I haven’t seen since last year. Being out there onstage, making eye contact with people in the audience, letting the music tell me how to move – it gives me such an adrenaline rush! Besides, Pink Floyd is way more fun to dance to than The Nutcracker!
Now that my rock band days have ended for a while, I’m ready to set some goals for the New Year. I’m still in the brainstorming process, but these are the ones I’ve been thinking about for a long time.
1. Find a new job – one that will help me contribute to my future life as a Mrs.
2. Study for and pass a Personal Trainer Cert. through NASM.
3. Run 13 races in 2013. I’m already signed up for my first 10k of the year in January!
4. Plan a beautiful wedding for Sean and I!
5. Blog more often. I’m openly guilty of the fact that I don’t post nearly as much as I’d like. With the start of the new year, I’m going to be posting 3 times per week. I’d like to be able to share my fitness, food, and personal life, and once a week posts don’t allow me to do that well. Aaaaand, I’ll be introducing a new blogger! Keep an eye out – her first post will be up tomorrow!