I had two fun things planned for this morning’s post:
1. My recipe for PB&J Almond Oats
2. Recap of an awesome Monday night with my boyfriend and these lovely ladies:
(picture courtesy of Taylor!)
To my dismay, however, I walked into the pantry this morning to find that my stock of Better’n Butter did not replenish itself overnight. Not cool.
When I was little, my mom would sometimes get up in the mornings and say, “Well, it looks like the cleaning fairies didn’t come and clean the house overnight!”
The Better’n Butter fairies did not come last night. Then again, I’m the one who forgot to pick some up after work yesterday!
So unfortunately, the recipe will have to come tomorrow.Instead, I rolled with some Apple Oats today. It was really just an experimental mishmash:
1. 1/3 c. oats*
2. 1/3 c. Almond milk
3. 2 T. Almond milk
4. 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
All of this marinated in the fridge overnight. This morning I added:
1. 1/2 banana
2. 1/4 apple, cubed
3. Cinnamon and stevia, as usual
Then I popped it in the micro. for 2 minutes.
* The serving size for rolled or old-fashioned oats is 1/2 cup, which is what I usually use. However, I tend to bring it down to 1/2 when I’m testing a new recipe. That way, if it doesn’t taste just right, I have some nutritional wiggle-room to add extra taste-amping ingredients!
It was good, but I’m not sure I’ll be using applesauce in my oats again. It gave the oatmeal as slightly more baby food-ish consistency. Maybe it would be better if I added it in the morning rather than the night before. Let’s just say I’m excited for PB&J Almond Oats tomorrow!
As for my Monday night recap, I am missing some crucial in that department, too: the camera cord! I borrowed my grandma’s camera for the night since I can’t find the memory card to my own camera and I didn’t want to have to use my iPhone. Looks like I’ll be making a trip to my grandma’s house today!
On a final note, why am I not in New York doing Zumba with Beto?